Product Support Manager: The Product Support Manager leads and directs the engineering product support activities, develops and implements policies and procedures for this engineering function, and oversees adherence to work in accordance with company policies, priorities and budget constraints. This position manages and/or develops budgets and timelines for support projects. This role provides technical leadership and assistance to other departments across the organization as required
- Manage the product support role of engineering for the Flory product line
- Oversee all support projects
- Prepare project statements of work
- Prepare and manage project budgets and timelines
- Assign support projects to staff to meet company objectives
- Direct, review and approve product line updates and changes
- Active role in Engineering Change Management system
- Oversee supply chain substitution requests and needs Define, develop, and lead strategic engineering activities within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain engineering processes and design guidelines for assigned area.
- Manage design employees working in product support roles
- Assign, direct and evaluate their work
- Oversee their continued professional development in areas that benefit the company goals
- Provide technical input and direction as projects warrant
- Manage continued relationship with vendors
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and /or CAD software.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to integrate systems including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and software
- Understanding of equipment design and control
- Knowledge of financial statements, budgeting, and strategic planning processes
- Excellent technical reporting and executive summaries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, Electrical, Industrial, or related Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in effectively managing people, processes, and development projects
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Professional Engineering (PE) license