Assembly Technician Level II: Proficiently assemble mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment. Identify problems and continually look for ways to improve the process
- Read, interpret and follow blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Utilize a variety of handheld tools.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Preform assembly tasks in a timely manner
- May be required to train fellow employees
- The expertise to know which tool to use and how to use it to achieve production requirements with a high degree of quality
- Develop a co-ownership experience with Flory on maintaining tooling possession and quality
- The ability to work and visualize abstract concepts and ideas.
- Must be teachable
- The ability to work under minimal supervision and direction
- Organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Has great understanding of blueprints and SOP’s (standard operating procedures
- Knowledge/skill of hand and power tools
- Good understanding of 5s standards
- High School Diploma
- 2-5 assembly and/or mechanic experience
- Experience in any type of mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic assembly
- Experience in Agricultural work
Physical Demands & Abilities:
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Open and Able to work long hours on their feet
- Regularly possesses manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- Frequently lift, push, pull, bend, stoop, twist, reach, grasp, grip, walk, and stand
- Occasionally kneel, crawl, climb, and sit
- Work indoor or outdoor depending on assignment
- Indoor environment: cold, heat, dust, fumes, airborne particles, minimal to moderate noise levels, machinery, moving equipment
- Outdoor environment: rain, extreme cold, wind, extreme heat, dust, moderate to loud noises, machinery, moving equipment